Books
Click images for more details

Twitter
Support

Recent comments
Recent posts
Currently discussing
Links

A few sites I've stumbled across recently....

Powered by Squarespace

Discussion > FOISA Request for "Insulting/Embarrassing" Emails

The more I think about it the more I think this one "insulting, embarrassing" email was a work of genius, signalling the beginning of the end not just for spurious victimhood of the climate fraternity but the support of the European Union for such woeful attitudes, without reference to the desires and wishes of the mass of people in this country. I hope the name of the author is unredacted one day. In the meantime, many thanks Martin.

May 7, 2013 at 12:10 PM | Registered CommenterRichard Drake

Of course, there is nothing to prevent the actual sender coming forward to make themself known, especially since there was nothing unseemly about the email.

Hand up anyone?

May 7, 2013 at 1:26 PM | Registered CommenterMartin A

Was there any indication, other than from RW, that the sender of the email was a BH poster, or even a BH lurker?

May 7, 2013 at 2:23 PM | Unregistered Commentercosmic

Diogenes: "Yes you are ignorant for not knowing that the situation described by geronimo is the norm for just about all corporate email regimes."

It beggars belief, little bucker thinks I went away and studied how email works so I could answer him! Still he does no harm and others have said it's nice to here the rubbish he articulates because it gives them practice for dealing with more educated people spouting the same nonsense.

Incidently he must be in a different universe as well as a different planet, apparently the 3 - 6th May spans 4 days in little bucker's world.

May 7, 2013 at 3:13 PM | Unregistered Commentergeronimo

I would like to step forward and claim credit for that email pointing out that scientists receiving public funds are paid by the tax paying public.

Alas, I cannot do so because I did not write that ingenious email.

I do want to congratulate that anonymous person for stating an inconvenient fact, one which a lot more climate scientists should take to heart.

May 7, 2013 at 4:22 PM | Registered CommenterSkiphil

Was there any indication, other than from RW, that the sender of the email was a BH poster, or even a BH lurker?
May 7, 2013 at 2:23 PM cosmic

No indication whatever that the sender of the email was a BH poster/lurker.

Likewise, none whatever that the sender was not a BH poster/lurker.

May 7, 2013 at 4:32 PM | Registered CommenterMartin A

Incidently he must be in a different universe as well as a different planet, apparently the 3 - 6th May spans 4 days in little bucker's world.
May 7, 2013 at 3:13 PM geronimo

This is known as an "off by one" error and is a type of error often made by computer programmers. Is BitBucket a programmer?

May 7, 2013 at 6:35 PM | Unregistered Commentersplitpin

I missed the original story. Well done Martin A. I see nothing wrong with holding people to testable assertions, especially when such exaggerated claims have, sometimes, been falsely put into the public domain before in this debate.

I admit to being stunned that Dr. Wilson wrote:
"I am afraid many of you sort of fell into my trap.
I purposely posted a goading statement to test the waters. I got what I expected which was a pity."
That is bad manners.

I wonder if the self proclaimed "Englishman abroad (well – half English actually)" has ever used the same technique to find a congenial restaurant or pub in Scotland?

...and if he doesn't "get what he expects", does he try again a bit harder?

May 7, 2013 at 10:22 PM | Unregistered Commentermichael hart

It has to be a very immature thing to do, boast about goading people, saying they'd risen to the bait and then lying about having insulting and embarrassing emails, when the only maill he had was from someone reminding him that the EU had no money it was taxpayers who paid his grant and them he's responsible to.

May 8, 2013 at 1:55 PM | Unregistered Commentergeronimo

geronimo: I too found Dr Wilson's comment on a previous thread really quite amazing.

To post a comment to the effect that what he had said in an earlier comment should not have been believed and that those people who had taken what he had said at face value had "fallen into his trap" shows a strange and surprising mixture of dishonesty and manipulativeness.

May 8, 2013 at 3:27 PM | Registered CommenterMartin A